Who can join ENWHP
ENWHP is open to all
ENWHP distinguishes amongst two (2) types of membership:.
Membership is open to organisations and individuals coming from within the European Union and the EEA (European Economic Area) with members being able to participate in and access all activities of the Network as detailed here. This includes eligibility to be nominated by ENWHP to act as a National Contact Office for ENWHP, with one member being identified per country (or region). Eligibility to act as National Contact Office will require sufficient technical and resource capacity to fulfil a range of obligations associated with being a national reference point for ENWHP.
B. International Members.
International Membership is open to organisations and individuals coming from countries outside of Europe. International members are very much welcomed and will be able to participate in and access all aspects of the work of the network other than in certain specific areas where there may be limitations:
- Involvement in projects funded i.e. by the European Union (hence their eligibility for receiving EU funding) is contingent to the peculiarities of the Program under which the respective project is being funded and are not typically open to none EU/EEA countries.
- Their involvement in processes such as policy development is contingent to the requirements issued by the respective formal authority driving the process; there are general directorates that allow non-EU countries experts’ opinions while others don’t.
- ENWHP campaigns and training development will typically be focused within a European context, though full access will be provided to materials which could then be adapted for use elsewhere.
Types of Members
Any organisation or individual can become a member of ENWHP, and a number of different membership types have been sonsidered as possible. These are:
- Public sector (it includes inter alia Government ministries-central or regional, Public sector bodies, Research Institutes, Universities, etc.);
- Private sector (it includes inter alia large companies, SMEs, microenterprises etc.);
- NGOs / third sector;